Re: [BUG] MIPS: Hibernation in the latest linux-mips:master branchnot work

From: Wu Zhangjin
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 11:11:52 EST

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 15:45 +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:41:08PM +0800, Wu Zhangjin wrote:
>
> > I just updated my git repository to the master branch of the latest
> > linux-mips git repository, and tested the STD/Hibernation support on
> > fuloong2e and yeeloong2f, it failed:
> >
> > when using the no_console_suspend kernel command line to debug, it
> > stopped on:
> >
> > PM: Shringking memory... done (1000 pages freed)
> > PM: Freed 160000 kbytes in 1.68 seconds (95.23 MB/s)
> > PM: Creating hibernation image:
> > PM: Need to copy 5053 pages
> > PM: Hibernation image created (4195 pages copied)
> >
> > and then, the number indicator light of keyboard works well, but can not
> > type anything.
> >
> > anybody have tested it on another platform? does it work?
>
> At the time of the merge I tested it on Malta and found it to be working.

thanks! I will test it again and analyze why.

hi, ralf, in the latest master branch of linux-mips git repo, seems
there is a need to select the SYS_SUPPORTS_HOTPLUG_CPU option in every
uni-processor board, otherwise, the suspend/hibernation can not be used,
because you have set:

config ARCH_HIBERNATION_POSSIBLE
def_bool y
depends on SYS_SUPPORTS_HOTPLUG_CPU

config ARCH_SUSPEND_POSSIBLE
def_bool y
depends on SYS_SUPPORTS_HOTPLUG_CPU

so, the board-specific patch must be pushed by the maintainers of
boards. and if the board support SMP, they must implement the
mips-specific hotplug support, is this right? I have selected
SYS_SUPPORTS_HOTPLUG_CPU in LEMOTE_FULONG and will push a relative patch
later.

Regards,
Wu Zhangjin