Re: [RFC,PATCH 2/2] change __wake_up_parent() to use filteredwakeup

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 15:23:40 EST

> > if ((wo->wo_flags & __WNOTHREAD) && wo->child_wait.private !=
> > p->parent)
> > return 0;
> > ===
> >
> > I will run it on my test machines and see if everything looks good.
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> The only problem it uses ->parent, this conflicts with other out-of-tree
> ptrace changes...
>
> Roland, do you think we should do this change now or later?

I think it makes most sense to put that in right after the initial
wait_child_callback patch (if not rolled into it). In fact, the original
approach was to do just this "simplest" __WNOTHREAD-checking callback
first, and add the eligible_child() hacking second (not that I think that
order matters).

Thanks,
Roland