Re: BUG: scheduling while atomic

From: Michael Guntsche
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 14:38:16 EST

On Jul 6, 2009, at 20:18, Alan Cox wrote:

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 20:07:34 +0200
Michael Guntsche <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 6, 2009, at 19:17, Alan Cox wrote:

This is the more drastic way of doing it. I had hoped to put this
off but
in fact it cleans stuff up enormously. This has had only basic testing
but the underlying idea is to simply remove all the pty special casing
that causes messes in the first place.
<snip>

Hi Alan,

Must commit a6540f731d506d9e82444cf0020e716613d4c46c still be reverted
with your patch or can it stay in?

Herbert is (as usual ;)) correct that it should be reverted.

No crashes with the reverted commit and Alan's patch on my hardware here.
A Load Test that would trigger it after some seconds is now running for several minutes without any problems.

Michael