[RFC] Re: Parsing kernel parameters and escaping "

From: Daniel Mierswa
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 19:03:42 EST

As stated in my last E-Mail in this thread there are currently some
limitations when passing quotes to kernel parameters, I tried to remove
some of those limitations. A git fp is attached.

(from the commit message):
> There was a limitation for kernel parameters with regards to quoting. It
> wasn't possible to escape quotes or use quotes to form space-filled
> values _inside_ parameters. This patch attempts to make that possible,
> kernel parameters are now parsed as follows:
> '"param= value"' [param= value][]
> 'param=" value "" combination "' [param][ value combination ]
> 'param=" \" test"' [param][ " test]
> '"param"=another' [param][another]

Any suggestions welcome. Please be kind, as I'm not too familar with
writing parsers, kernel development and what I may have broke. :-)

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
--- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22