Re: Null Pointer BUG in uhci_hcd

From: Michael S. Zick
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 16:22:48 EST

On Wed July 8 2009, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:
>
> > But, then again, we might just get lucky:
> > ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.4: Unlink after no-IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ.
> > usb 1-5: khubd timed out on ep0in len=18/64
>
> Like I've been telling you all along, the hardware isn't working.

That sounds very fragile.

> I suspect it's worse than a simple interrupt-routing mistake.

I would not object to your removing that one mistake - that is one less
to contend with.

Fours up-time - nothing written to dmesg since boot -
Just the usual hard-lockup.

Also - something in the combined fix/diagnostic patch
disable any sensing of external usb events.
So I couldn't very well poke devices at it. ;)

> > Anything in particular to look for/at?
>
> Just post the contents of those files.

Will capture that information during this afternoon's testing.

Mike