Re: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions

From: tridge
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 23:24:22 EST

Hi Jan and Martin,

As promised, I have continued to investigate what is happening with
Win98, even though I don't think it is a high priority.

I've discovered two things that are interesting:

1) the 11 spaces varient works pretty nicely with it

2) the current dualnames patch works nicely if you change the first
byte to a '~' instead of a space.

What seems to be happening is that Win98 either wants all spaces, or
it wants to see a '~' in the 8 byte prefix, after taking into account
nul termination. If it doesn't see this '~' then it doesn't even look
for a long name.

Cheers, Tridge