Re: HTC Dream camera support for staging

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 05:53:39 EST

Hi!

> >> Can you resubmit it with the original author descriptions?  It's not
> >> fair to them to have it shown up as coming from you.
> >
> > Yes, done... and thanks.
> >
> > Brian... I'd like to submit qdsp5 and smd code, too. Who should be
> > listed as their authors?
>
> smd is pretty much my fault at this point, though Arve hacks on the
> PM-related bits.
>
> The latest incarnation of the rpcrouter is me, with a lot of the
> original work by Iliyan, based heavily on the work Qualcomm did (thus
> their copyright on it as well as Google's).
>
> qdsp5 is Iliyan.
>
> Might be worth breaking these into at least three pieces (smd,
> rpcrouter, qdsp5)?

Sorry, I already submitted the patch. I just listed everyone I could
find in the sources in From: ; that included san@google but not
Arve. I hope that's not too bad.

> Are you highly opposed to having smd and rpcrouter under
> arch/arm/mach-msm? They're (for better or worse) pretty integral to
> the core operation of the platform (suspend/resume and a lot of other
> core SoC functions require coordination with the modem core).

I am not opposed to having the code under mach-msm/ ... it would be
actually preffered. But it is quite a lot of code, and I guess it
makes sense to clean it up in staging/ then move it to the proper
place.

Alternatively if you can create nice git series for rmk/-next; that
would work, too.

But I guess that staging/ stuff is quite easy to remove, and useful
for people that want to use the phones in the meantime :-).

> The qdsp5 stuff could exist elsewhere easily (though I'm not sure
> where the logical place is), and stuff on top of it like the v4l2
> camera stuff has obvious homes in the usual driver hierarchy.

Ack.
Pavel