Re: [GIT-PULL] includecheck fixes

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 23:36:48 EST

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 08:29:15AM +0530, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 15:26 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:10:09AM +0530, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
> > > Linus,
> > >
> > > Please pull includecheck fixes, these all are clean and safe patches
> > > with relevant Acks.
> >
> > Shouldn't stuff like this go through the trivial tree? And stuff like
> > that is relevant for the main pre-rc1 merge, not this late in the merge
> > cycle, right?
> >

> You did not specified what is your problem ? and where was you when we
> discussed it earlier ?

Earlier when? I responded to your query about the individual patches
you copied me on, saying they were in my "to-apply" queue and I didn't
want them to go to Linus at this point in time. You seem quite rushed
about these patches, which is odd to me.

> Normally brain is above then the eyes, do you know why ?
>
> To use your brain instead of follow things blindly.
>
> The point of watching patches for some time means test and wait so that
> they can show their real faces.

Which is what I am asking you to do here. So why are you arguing with
this concept?

> BTW, it is not late, it is not going to hit stable in next week or so.
>
> Keeping these sane patches waiting for complete cycle will be insaner.

Accepting trivial patches like these, for which a full build cycle of
all arches has yet to be accomplished due to a lack of inclusion in the
-next tree, at a point in the development series in which bug fixes and
regressions are the only thing to be accepted, seems to be a risk, don't
you think?

But hey, I'm not Linus, it's up to him to decide to take untested stuff
like this or not, not me :)

best of luck,

greg k-h