Re: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 17:29:24 EST

tridge@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I haven't tested against w2k yet. I'll need to dig through my old MSDN
> CD stack and see if I can find a w2k CD to test with. It's no longer
> offered on current MSDN subscriptions.

Windows NT-derivatives and Windows 95-derivatives use a significantly
different code base for their filesystems, even to the extent of
having different VFAT behaviour. Hence shortnames=win95, shortname=winnt.

The last Windows 95-derivative is Windows ME, which is was released
about the same time as Windows 2000. Windows 2000 is an NT-derivative.

So it might be worth testing against Windows ME.

I don't know what code base is used for Windows CE. CE is still used,
on phones, PDAs and media players among other things. Has there been
any testing against CE - current versions and old versions?

-- Jamie