Bug in ext4_mb_mark_diskspace_used / dquot_claim_space

From: Roger Leigh
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 09:17:28 EST

[I'm not subscribed to the list, so I'd appreciate a CC on any
replies, thanks!]

Ever since upgrading to 2.6.30 (Debian 2.6.30-1-amd64) I am getting
repeated Oopses in dquot_claim_space which is called from
ext4_mb_mark_diskspace_used.

Example:
http://www.kerneloops.org/raw.php?rawid=529463&msgid=

There are a number of other oopses reported, which all appear
to be triggered identically after reaching ext4_mb_new_blocks
which then calls ext4_mb_mark_diskspace_used (or indirectly via
ext4_mb_use_preallocated).

http://www.kerneloops.org/search.php?search=dquot_claim_space&filter=2.6.30

In my case, it appears when saving a file in Emacs, or compiling
(cc1plus or pdflush).

Regards,
Roger

--