Re: [00/15] swiotlb cleanup

From: FUJITA Tomonori
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 05:54:59 EST

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:40:29 +0100
Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 05:20 +0100, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:02:00 +0100
> > Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > The core domain 0 patches which were the subject of the discussions a
> > > few week back are completely orthogonal to the swiotlb side of things
> >
> > ? If we don't merge dom0 patch, we don't need dom0 changes to
> > swiotlb. We don't know we would have dom0 support in mainline. Or I
> > overlooked something?
> [...]
> > As far as I know, you have not posted anything about changes to
> > swiotlb for domU. I can't discuss it. If you want, please send
> > patches.
>
> There are no separate domU swiotlb patches -- the exact the same patches
> as we have already been discussing are useful and necessary for both
> domU and dom0.

Hmm, you guys introduced the swiotlb hooks by saying that it's for
only dom0.

=
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/16/351

Hi Ingo,

Here's some patches to clean up swiotlb to prepare for some Xen dom0
patches. These have been posted before, but undergone a round of
cleanups to address various comments.

=

I don't see any comments like 'this is useful to dom0 too'. I'm still
not sure what exactly part is useful to domU.