Re: kmemleak reports

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Thu Jul 16 2009 - 05:12:01 EST

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 20:28 -0300, Kevin Winchester wrote:
> However, I was thinking that you might soon start getting too many
> reports to process. I wonder if there might be some way that you
> could have a similar facility to kerneloops that would automatically
> register leak reports to a website where they could be organized and
> ranked by number of occurrences. Are the individual leaks reported in
> such at way that would allow them to be grouped like that?

BTW, a step towards reducing the number of reports on the list is to
maintain a tree based on the mainline which gathers various fixes posted
by people. It is up to the maintainers to push them upstream but, in the
meantime, people could try this tree and avoid reporting the same
issues.

I'll try to set this up, ideally on kernel.org for wider visibility (if
I manage to get an account, otherwise on linux-arm.org/git where I
usually keep my trees).

--
Catalin