Re: Error mounting FC8 NFS server with 2.6.31-rc3 NFSv4 client.

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 13:12:30 EST

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 09:49 -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 07/21/2009 05:15 AM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>

> > What does /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery look like on the server?
>
> The server was misconfigured, but I still think the client should
> behave better in this case. If you cannot reproduce it, let me know
> and I can try to be more specific. If you still want the v4recovery
> information, let me know and I'll send it.

So how should the client behave, when a screwed up server allows it to
mount but starts returning illegal values for setclientid? The only
thing I can see we could do is to tell the user EINSANESERVER...

Now, we _should_ fix the wretched NFS server so that it doesn't do NFSv4
mounts when there is no configured root partition. We _should_ also fix
the damned thing so that it doesn't return illegal values.

Trond