ARM platform trees (was: Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support)

From: Kevin Hilman
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 13:54:17 EST

Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 01:54:42PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
>> Make your tree the core ARM code only, any other patches you don't
>> accept. Aggressively push stuff out to platform code, and if people want
>> to change core code "because our platform is different" make them extract
>> it into the platform layer not carry it in the core bits.
>
> I'm all for giving this a try after this merge window is over.

So, in preparation for the next merge window...

Is there an official way for ARM platform maintainers like myself to
get stuff merged via Linus' tree? Is simply sending a pull request to
Linus/LKML all that's required?

For myself, I have the pending stuff queued up in a 'for-next' branch
that is included into linux-next already. Is anything else required?

Kevin