Re: [BISECTED] Re: [BUG] Linux-2.6.31-rc1 Fails To Recognize Some USB Disks

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Fri Jul 24 2009 - 10:03:18 EST

>>>>> "Tarkan" == Tarkan Erimer <tarkan.erimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Tarkan> Today, I had time to bisect and you were right: The below commit
Tarkan> related to capacity detection changes in SCSI subsystem,as you
Tarkan> mentioned, seems the cause of the problem.

Thanks for bisecting this.

Tarkan> Detect non-rotational devices and set the queue flag
Tarkan> accordingly.

Aha, so you're getting USB resets because your USB-ATA bridge gets
confused when we ask it a simple question. What a marvel of modern
engineering that thing is...

Please send me the output of:

sg_inq -e /dev/foo
sg_inq -l 16 /dev/foo
sg_inq -l 16 -e /dev/foo
sg_inq -l 36 /dev/foo
sg_inq -l 36 -e /dev/foo
sg_vpd -p sv /dev/foo
sg_vpd -p bl /dev/foo
sg_vpd -p bdc /dev/foo

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering