Re: report a bug about sched_rt

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 19:01:18 EST

sen wang wrote:
> but, to the realtime system like a decoder, I think we should meet the rt
> task as we can.

If the realtime task is something like a video decoder feeding a
display, and it is bandwidth-throttled only to ensure things like SSH
and filesystem I/O are still available, then I have to agree with Sen,
you would want any "spare" CPU to go the video decoder in that
application, not the idle task.

> the RT scheduler is mainly used for realtime system which should have the
> different policy from fair task.

The RT scheduler is used for lots of different systems which you
haven't considered.

For your application, probably the way RT-bandwidth works is not
useful. It's better for some other applications.

-- Jamie