Re: [BISECTED] Re: [BUG] Linux-2.6.31-rc1 Fails To Recognize SomeUSB Disks

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 10:50:56 EST

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:29:21AM -0400, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> Boaz> I don't understand. The device in question breaks when we try to
> Boaz> read a page that it reported it supports?
>
> No. The USB-ATA bridge in question locks up when we send it an INQUIRY
> with EVPD=1. I.e. when we try to get a list of pages. 0xB0 and 0xB1 are
> not even in play here.

Tarkan didn't say it locked up. He said it returned:

root@tarkane:~# sg_inq -e /dev/sdb
VPD INQUIRY: extended INQUIRY data page

inquiry: transport: Host_status=0x05 [DID_ABORT]
Driver_status=0x00 [DRIVER_OK, SUGGEST_OK]

inquiry: failed, res=-1

I don't understand how we go any further at this point.

--
Matthew Wilcox Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."