Rtl8187se & 2.6.30.3 - almost, but no wpa

From: Dan Farrell
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 15:11:55 EST

Greetings esteemed linux devs! I thank you all.

I write to report limited success with the realtek rtl8187se wireless b/g network card driver in 2.6.30.3 staging.

The driver works AFAICT with open networks. The driver does not appear to work yet with WPA although it appears to be implemented. I haven't yet tested WEP although I can if testers are in short supply.

I send this report because there are various requests for feedback on the driver in the code base.

I want to help! I will gladly provide any information that can assist. I will follow with bits from dmesg if I can figure out what seems relevant.

Guidance would be greatly appreciated. What can I do to help? Is this the right place to be posting feedback?

With great respect,
Dan farrell dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx