Re: MMC: Make the configuration memory resource optional

From: Ian Molton
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 06:00:18 EST

Ok I've spent some time thinking on this.

There is _no_ clean solution at present and Im not happy with having more than one clocking system co-existing in the mmc driver.

I will produce a patch to completely remove all clocking and power control from the driver and make it use callbacks in order to achieve this. This will leave us with a clean driver that will be simple to adapt to the clock API.

I wont have time to work on it until next week, however, so if anyone wants to take a stab at it in the meantime, feel free to do so, and I'll review it next week.

-Ian