Re: New MMC maintainer needed

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Fri Jul 31 2009 - 09:36:32 EST

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Alex Dubov<oakad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm afraid the time has come for me
>> to step down as maintainer for the
>> MMC/SD/SDIO subsystem and for someone else to take over the
>> rudder. It
>> is no secret that I haven't been able to give the
>> maintainer role the
>> resources it required, and as a result it has gone from
>> being a fun
>> hobby to a burdensome chore. I was hoping it was a
>> temporary slump, but
>> this has been the norm for over a year now, so it's time
>> for me to
>> throw in the towel.
>
> What an unfortunate thing.
>
> Franky speaking, I couldn't manage any time to work on Linux
> in the last year myself. I had such a great plans for Memstick
> and such, yet none advanced.
>
> At this rate, the future of the flash cards on Linux will
> become highly uncertain.
> :-(

Me too.

I had plans to reverse engineer and then write drivers for my ricoh 5
in one controller
for SD and memstick mode (especialy XD)
Now I know that RE part isn't the hardest probably, but writing the
core support for XD subsystem (your was rejected I see)

I am also an owner of a jmicron controller, and thanks to you memstick
on it is supported.

What to do now?

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky