Re: Extremely slow IO with a PCMCIA CompactFlash adapter

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Sat Aug 01 2009 - 11:52:24 EST

Hi,

> Is this expected behavior? Is there any setup I am missing that would make this faster?

No, certainly not, I don't remember it to be this slow (it's been a
while since I last tried though, still have hardware here).
Possibly it's a DMA misdetection problem (keeps trying to use DMA
despite it not being possible) which is common with CF type setups.
Try fiddling with hdparm or blktool DMA-related or I/O setup settings.
Other things would include libata.dma=0 (or other values!) for libata
layer or ide-core.nodma= boot parameter (for IDE layer).

And if this indeed is the problem, then it would be very useful to
get automatic handling implemented properly.

Andreas Mohr