Re: Oops in CDC ACM after an Openmoko phone (neo1973) changes its usb interface from ACM to Ethernet

From: Alex Riesen
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 16:39:37 EST

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 20:25, Alex Riesen<raa.lkml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I shall try to find the -rc2 which oopses (I suspect it is the one
> just before -rc3).

And this is after I put "for(;;);" at the end of dump_stack in v2.6.31-rc3:
http://home.arcor.de/fork0/bug/neocrash.jpg (~110k)

And this one is with v2.6.31-rc5 (it has usb_disconnect in it):
http://home.arcor.de/fork0/bug/neocrash-rc5.jpg (~86k)
(config: http://home.arcor.de/fork0/bug/neocrash-config-rc5.txt)

I couldn't find the -rc2 which didn't lock up. They all do now. I don't know
anymore how I made that -rc2 where I got the previous oops from.

Any idea how to disable stack dumps so that there is more place
for other output on a laptop screen? (no chance for serial console)
Or maybe a high-speed video camera can stand a chance?