x86 Geode issues in kernel >= 2.6.23 and >= 2.6.31-rc4

From: Martin-Ãric Racine
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 08:58:56 EST

(non-subscriber post; please keep me in CC)

Greetings,

Having previously reported two issues via Ubuntu's bug tracker and not
found any answer, I thought I'd approach the LKML with the issues at
stake.

1) Since kernel 2.6.23, one cannot boot hardware based on the Geode
SCx200 series. Partial answers about the most plausible cause have
been found by the target hardware's manufacturer as explained at

2) Since kernel 2.6.31-rc4, one cannot boot hardware based on the
Geode LX800 as described at

In case either of these issues was already reported and there is a
know fix or work-around, I'd love to hear more. Otherwise, please feel
free to contact me for additional details.

--
Best Regards,
Martin-Ãric