scheduling co-processors

From: Sherif Fadel
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 11:13:43 EST

Hi,

I have a dual-core system on which I would like to treat one processor
as a scheduling co-processor. I have already implemented some custom
scheduling policies and tested them with SMP disabled, I would not like
to see if it is possible to have the scheduling algorithm running on one
core and the scheduled tasks running on another.

I do not know if I can somehow use cpus_allowed to restrict the kernel
to one core and the running tasks to another. Is this possible? If so,
could you please inform me how one would go about this?

In case you are wondering why I would need this, I am writing a bunch of
high-overhead distributed scheduling algorithms and I want to mitigate
their overhead in this way.

Thanks.