Re: 2.6.30.1-4 kernels freezes dual pentium-3 system

From: Martin Rogge
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 12:24:21 EST

Osipov Stanislav wrote:

> I have a dual Pentium-3 system. It based on Asus CUR-DLS mainboard
> with 2 Pentium-3EB 1000MHz (133 MHz FSB) installed.
>
> [...]
>
> But under 2.6.30.x kernels box freezes without any alerts. TTL before
> freezing is about 5-30 mins.
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Osipov Stanislav
> Linux System Administrator.

I also observe system lockups after upgrading to 2.6.30.[34]. The mainboard is
an MSI-9105 with dual P-3 1400Mhz. TTL is a number of hours (which is going to
make bisecting hard). Since all lockups have occured with a tainted kernel
(nvidia) I am currently running a test with an untainted kernel. Should a
lockup re-occur I will post details.

Martin