Re: proper tty-ldisc refcounting (was Re: WARNING at:drivers/char/tty_ldisc.c)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 20:56:46 EST

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:

> Works for me (SMP/non-SMP x86 builds). Great job.
>
> Tested-by: Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky@xxxxxxx>

Thanks.

Greg - feel free to treat 4/2 and 5/2 any way you want. They are obvious
enough (no subtle issues) that I'll happily pull them into 2.6.31 too:
relative to the initial refcount changes (which it looks like we'll need
to do just to fix the regression) they are pretty safe.

But at the same time, they can equally well go into some later tree for
the next merge window. So whatever you want to do.

Linus