Re: MMC: Make the configuration memory resource optional

From: Ian Molton
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 08:07:38 EST

Magnus Damm wrote:

Sorry for not answering your question earlier. This may sound starnge,
but I don't have any datasheet. I do however think that you can assume
a 1:1 host/card clock capability, at least to begin with.

Im not so sure I can - the 1:1 clock on MFD is selected via the CNF IO area and as such the other users of the driver that dont have CNF areas cannot possibly be using this method. Do you have your own method for clock selection, or are you using the routine in tmio-mmc.c - if the latter then you are certainly not running a 1:1 clock

So please use the clock framework to enable/disable the clock and get
the rate, and we'll do our best to adjust the architecture code after
that. And I'll cook up a patch for Runtime PM on top of that if that's
ok with you.

I _cant_ use the clock framework by itself in tmio-mmc because that would break each and every MFD user of the driver.

-Ian