Example idea for how to solve the clock/cnf problem.

From: Ian Molton
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 10:02:48 EST

Hi folks,

I've spent a little time hacking on the code this afternoon, here is a WIP that completely removes cnf area accesses from the mmc driver. These are now pushed out into the platform / MFD level code. I've taken TC6393XB as an example and pushed the CNF code into that. I imagine that several chips can share that code so I will break it out into another file, mfd/tmio_common.c, probably.

This code probably doesnt compile yet, but should give some idea about how I think this should be done.

How are other devices setting the card clock? are they using my clock setup function? If so, then we are probably best off avoiding the clock API for the card clock, as getting the full range of frequencies require access to both CNF and CTL areas on TMIO MFDs.

If not, then we will need to do more thinking.