Re: [RFC] respect the referenced bit of KVM guest pages?

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 15:09:44 EST

Dike, Jeffrey G wrote:
Also, the inactive list (where references to anonymous pages
_do_ count) is pretty big. Is it not big enough in Jeff's
test case?

Jeff, what kind of workloads are you running in the guests?

I'm looking at KVM on small systems. My "small system" is a 128M memory compartment on a 4G server.

How did you create that 128M memory compartment?

Did you use cgroups on the host system?

The workload is boot up the instance, start Firefox and another app (whatever editor comes by default with Moblin), close them, and shut down the instance.

How much memory do you give your virtual machine?

That is, how much memory does it think it has?

--
All rights reversed.