Re: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your messageto Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)

From: Erik Mouw
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 06:58:20 EST

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:39:22 +0100
Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Erik,
>
> Since Pavel is incapable of copying you (and seemingly believes
> that I'm solely responsible for admin'ing these lists), maybe
> you'd like to respond to this, which is another of Pavel's
> spontaneous public community wide whinges about linux-arm-kernel?

(Sorry about the delay, Russell)

> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 12:00:51PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> >
> > Please fix your mailinglist.
> >
> > You claimed that it is possible to crosspost between lkml and lakml,
> > yet the lakml does everything to prevent that -- even in case as
> > simple as reporting that regression that affects arm.
> >
> > Please fix it.

It is indeed possible to cross post between lkml and lakml. The easiest
way to do that is to subscribe to the list and tell Mailman that you
don't want to receive any messages.

> > Pavel
> >
> > On Sun 2009-08-02 13:52:10,
> > linux-arm-kernel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Your mail to 'Linux-arm-kernel' with the subject
> > >
> > > Re: [Bug #13833] Kernel Oops when trying to suspend with ubifs
> > > mounted on block2mtd mtd device
> > >
> > > Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> > >
> > > The reason it is being held:
> > >
> > > Too many recipients to the message
> > >
> > > Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will
> > > receive notification of the moderator's decision. If you would
> > > like to cancel this posting, please visit the following URL:
> > >
> > > http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/mailman/confirm/linux-arm-kernel/f8f1b8bf951193aa673ceab3235d78c807c858da

Mailman doesn't like too many recipients. Don't care about that,
Russell or myself will approve your message anyway, it just takes a bit
longer.

When I get such a Mailman message from a list I just shrug. The
moderator will take care eventually and if he rejects it I don't care.
Suggest you try to do the same, there are may more important things
than a message that doesn't get it to a list.

Regards,

Erik

--
Erik Mouw -- mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG key fingerprint: D6AC 7F15 A26E C5C4 62E0 4A58 FCF9 551C 9B48 B68D