Re: [RFC] respect the referenced bit of KVM guest pages?

From: Jeff Dike
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 17:32:22 EST

Side question -
Is there a good reason for this to be in shrink_active_list()
as opposed to __isolate_lru_page?

if (unlikely(!page_evictable(page, NULL))) {
putback_lru_page(page);
continue;
}

Maybe we want to minimize the amount of code under the lru lock or
avoid duplicate logic in the isolate_page functions.

But if there are important mlock-heavy workloads, this could make the
scan come up empty, or at least emptier than we might like.

Jeff

--
Work email - jdike at linux dot intel dot com