Re: ads7846: clean up, fix pressure reporting

From: Stanislav Brabec
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 06:40:40 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
> Fix pressure reporting, and clean up debug prints.

Thanks.

I see much bigger problem with both the old driver and the new ads7846
driver (2.6.30): They are very noisy on my spitz. When you tap to one
place, keep stylus pressed and just read values, you get 20-200 pixels
long pointer motion trip each second.

According to Cyril HrubiÅ, it is caused by the electrical noise that
originates in the LCD display. The driver needs to read data
synchronously with the LCD refresh. He already made the fix for collie
several years ago.
The pointer test application in the PROM diagnostic utility does not
seem to exhibit any noise.