Re: drivers/pci/quirks.c: irq_reroute_variant is dead code?

From: Olaf Dabrunz
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 08:35:48 EST

On 11-Aug-09, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Stefan Assmann <sassmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 10.08.2009 18:32, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> >> [Corrected Stefan's address.]
> >
> > Thanks Jesse! CCing Olaf as well.

> > Actually the ACPI part of the commit got trashed by some major
> > ACPI rewrite. [...]
>
> Yeah, i remember some larger reject resolved by Len i think, about
> two cycles ago, in this area. So we probably lost those bits there -
> i've Cc:-ed Len.
>
> There's no urgency in terms of v2.6.31 (since we never really
> exposed this new functionality in a new release), but it would be
> nice to get to the bottom of this.

Yep, that would be nice.

I was made aware of that problem early this year when the ACPI code
change was made. Since then I heard that someone already wrote some
patch for the boot IRQ quirks. But obviously that referred to some other
part of the quirk. Stefan?

As I am currently unemployed, demotivated and trying to get my work on
fctrace going again (as well as to get the rest of my life in order),
it seems I have no time to fix this. I would love to, really. We need to
get these quirks in, and I would like to discuss how to do this The Right
Way with the rewritten ACPI code (and the existing MP code).

Regards,

--
Olaf Dabrunz (Olaf.Dabrunz <at> gmx.net)