Re: drivers/pci/quirks.c: irq_reroute_variant is dead code?

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 09:22:28 EST

* Stefan Assmann <sassmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10.08.2009 18:32, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>> [Corrected Stefan's address.]
>
> Thanks Jesse! CCing Olaf as well.
>
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:45:20 +0200

>>> I dont remember ioapic interactions. Stefan?
>>>
>>> Ingo
>>>

> Actually the ACPI part of the commit got trashed by some major
> ACPI rewrite. [...]

Yeah, i remember some larger reject resolved by Len i think, about
two cycles ago, in this area. So we probably lost those bits there -
i've Cc:-ed Len.

There's no urgency in terms of v2.6.31 (since we never really
exposed this new functionality in a new release), but it would be
nice to get to the bottom of this.

Ingo