Re: [GIT PULL] tracing: Syscalls trace events + perf support

From: Jason Baron
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 10:01:21 EST

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 01:33:09PM +0200, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 01:03:07PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > one thing i noticed is that we dont seem to be catching
> > compat syscalls properly:
>

> Oh right. While looking at fs/compat.c, it seems most of the
> compat syscalls haven't been defined through the SYSCALL_DEFINE
> macro.
>
> Grr...

right. I mentioned this in a pervious mail that we weren't handling
compat syscalls. That said, the pervious syscall tracer also had the
same issue, so we haven't taken a step back. I guess we need to convert
some of the compat layer to use the DEFINE_SYSCALL() macros. Also, there
are a number of 64-bit syscalls that don't use DEFINE_SYSCALL either.
Those need to converted as well. The patchset I submitted converted a
couple of them....

thanks,

-Jason