Re: [patch 0/2] Winbond IR Driver - v2

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Fri Aug 14 2009 - 23:02:43 EST

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 11:56 +0200, david@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Here's a new patch set which should replace all the patches currently in the
> -mm tree for the winbond cir driver. The new series incorporate feedback from
> Bjorn Helgaas (convert the driver from ACPI to PNP) and Randy Dunlap (Kconfig
> fixes).
>
> The IR decoding can still be improved but the driver works for in daily use
> decoding RC6 commands, so I believe it is ready to go upstream.

Hi.

As I understand, this hardware returns sampled IR signal, so it can be
used with any remote, right?

Then why not to implement lirc driver?

This driver as I understand is a driver for single remote shipped with
the notebook.

I have recently wrote a lirc driver for my receiver, a lirc driver. Now
I can use all my remotes.

And no, I don't need any software support for that. LIRC happily
forwards all events via uinput to kernel, so I use it a an ordinary
keyboard.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky