Re: [rfc][patch 1/3] fs: new truncate sequence

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 11:37:10 EST

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:18:24AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 05:14:12PM +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:51:31AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > > Nick, what's the plan with moving forward on this? We're badly waiting
> > > for it on the XFS side.
> >
> > I was hoping Al would take it but no reply... Any other git tree you
> > suggest, or -mm?
>
> If we can get it into -mm until Al reappear that would be good. What

OK, if that helps, I'll resubmit them.

> are your plans to convert other filesystems? I'd like to have at least
> all that use O_DIRECT converted ASAP.

I was going to start going through some of them and at least try to get
patches out for maintainers to review. I was putting it off until at
least they got merged into a tree... but they do look pretty good after
your reviews now so I don't think there should be major objections.

I will send them to Andrew then tonight or tomorrow.