Re: acpi_ex_system_memory_space_handler oops

From: Lin Ming
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 03:23:45 EST

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 15:13 +0800, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> On (08/17/09 21:22), Lin Ming wrote:
> > > rc6-git2
> > > 25 successful reboots.
> > >
> > > I'll need some more time to test against rc5.
> > >
> > > /*should I also test DSDT in case region-debug.patch fixed the problem?*/
> >
> > Yes, please also help to test the custome DSDT.
> > region-debug.patch is just a debug patch.
> > We need to root cause the problem clearly and then work out a clean solution.
> >

> Hi, Lin
> Looks like DSDT didn't solve the problem (oops on 4th reboot).
>
> So:
> region-debug.patch +
> DSDT -
>
> /* Is that possible? */

Yes, that is possible.
The same aml method is re-entered when interpreter lock is released.
So you still see AE_ALREADY_EXISTS error with the custom DSDT, right?

Thanks for the info, I'll continue to look at this issue.
And would you please test the region-debug.patch multiple times to
verify if it really fixes the bug?

Thanks,
Lin Ming