Re: Dell-laptop is not working without wireless

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 08:11:04 EST

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:32:27PM -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> dell-laptop module does not work on my Latitude d630 unless driver for
> my wireless card (which happens to be iwl3945) is already loaded.
> Otherwise dcsbas_smi_request() returns all zeroes which causes
> dell-laptop to not create any rfkill devices nor install backlight
> device:

That's quite bizarre. I'd had one report of the backlight setup failing,
but hadn't connected it with wireless driver loading. Long shot, but I
don't suppose you can figure out which bit of the wifi config is needed
to get dell-laptop working by just bailing at various bits of the probe
and seeing if you get sensible answers?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx