Re: abnormal OOM killer message

From: ììê
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 02:25:01 EST

Thank you very much for replys.

But I think it seems not to relate with stale data problem in compcache.
My question was why last chance to allocate memory was failed.
When OOM killer is executed, memory state is not a condition to
execute OOM killer.
Specially, there are so many pages of order 0. And allocating order is zero.
I think that last allocating memory should have succeeded.
That's my worry.

page = get_page_from_freelist(gfp_mask|__GFP_HARDWALL, order,
<== this is last chance
zonelist, ALLOC_WMARK_HIGH|ALLOC_CPUSET);
<== uses ALLOC_WMARK_HIGH
if (page)
goto got_pg;

out_of_memory(zonelist, gfp_mask, order);
goto restart;

> Let me have a question.
> Now the system has 79M as total swap.
> It's bigger than system memory size.
> Is it possible in compcache?
> Can we believe the number?

Yeah, It's possible. 79Mbyte is data size can be swap.
It's not compressed data size. It's just original data size.

Thanks,
Minchan, Nitin