Re: Flooded by do_IRQ: 0.91 No irq handler for vector

From: Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 17:47:03 EST

I have changed my distro to sidux, so it won't be an easy task to
return to 2.6.24....
Anyway, I do use the 64bit kernel.
But I've downloaded the 32 bit version (sidux 2009.02 with the
2.6.30.1 kernel), and the very same error occurs. I've just used the
live cd, and it does happen.
Something that changed from 2.6.28 to 2.6.30 is that it no longer
happens the 0.99 message. All complaints are about 0.91...
One more thing: Deleting /usr/sbin/irqbalance changed nothing, which
is no surprise, as I had already tested the noirqbalance kernel
option....

I'm pasting here something I had previously replied personally to
Robert Hancock, and may be useful:

Well, as I've installed sidux, it has upgraded the kernel to 2.6.30.5,
but the error is the same.
I've also tried:
* noapic: the message changes to do_IRQ: 0.55 No irq handler for
vector (irq -1), but then the X server fails to start
* noacpi: have no effect on the error message.

Thanks a lot.
--
Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez