Re: Oops: sysfs: duplicate filename 'usbdev3.3_ep81' can not be created

From: Christian Roche
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 18:16:35 EST

>> In particular I get the following error :
>> > setserial /dev/ttyACM0
>> /dev/ttyACM0: Input/output error
>
> That's a different error.

Yes indeed, in fact the error was simply due to the fact that I needed
to modprobe usbserial before rather than after the switch. So it was
totally unrelated.

> That's some other problem.  It would be great if you could try out the
> 2.6.31-rc kernel as work has gone on in this area.

Well I'm willing to do that, however I think I'll have to wait until
they compile one 2.6.31 kernel for Fedora 11, because it looks like
currently I would have to totally mess up my installation to do that.
Since the whole issue is only a warning I guess this is not too much
of a problem, unless you deem it important in which case I'm ok to try
it.

Thanks a lot for your help !
Chris