Re: Mailing List Etiquette

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 04:40:09 EST

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:30:28AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Fri 2009-08-21 09:18:49, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > Right, this does it. I'm off on holiday as of now.
>
> Cool.
>
> > Guess what? I've had enough of this crap. I'm pulling the plug on
> > these lists. Everyone, you know the email address to complain to.
> > One community killed by an "open list" zealot.
>
> If you are not willing to keep information up to date, don't spam with
> it. It is as simple as that. I'm looking forward to list administrator
> who does not go ballistic every time problem is reported with his
> list, and the one who does not call me names.

Your constant whinging is the reason for the action which has now been
taken. The lists are now off line until future notice, when I can deal
with the crap that constantly pours out of your keyboard.

It solves the problem of you receiving emails in your mailbox which you
don't like. Unfortunately, it's to the detriment of everyone else who
was able to constructively communicate, who are now left in the lurch.

You were warned that this was going to be the outcome, and still you
persisted.

To me that shows you have an extremely selfish attitude. Way to go.