Re: Kernel 2.6.30.4 XFS(..?) regression (& with/2.6.31-rc6)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Sat Aug 22 2009 - 16:46:57 EST

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:45:13AM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
Yes, entirely possible. All the crypto loop / dm implementation used
to have a tendency to never complete I/O once in a while, although that
didn't happen anymore recently.

Ok,

What is the best way to debug the issue? git bi-sects between 2.6.29.x
and 2.6.31-rc6? or?

Well, that would be a good way to find it. But I'm personally not
interested in spending much time on debugging a problem if it only
happens with fishy out of tree modules.

.. No out of tree modules are used ..

Here is the kernel config used:
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20090822/config.txt

After 24hrs of various tar-like read/write/verify I/O, the error usually recurs.

Justin.