Re: AlacrityVM benchmark numbers updated

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 15:23:08 EST

On 08/26/2009 09:42 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
Actually, I have already look at this and it does indeed seem better to
use switch_mm+gupf() over gup() by quite a large margin. You could then
couple that with your DMA-engine idea to potentially gain even more
benefits (though probably not for networking since most NICs have their
own DMA engine anyway).

For tx, we'll just go copyless once we plumb the destructors properly. But for rx on a shared interface it is impossible to avoid the copy. You can only choose if you want it done by the cpu or a local dma engine.

signature is too narrow to contain.