Re: Kernel 2.6.30.4 loop(..?) regression (& with/2.6.31-rc6)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 17:19:18 EST

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:50:27AM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
So far the uptime is 2 days, if it does not recur in the next 24-48
hours, do you recommend I follow up with the linux-crypto folks about
this? It appears this could be the cause (no issues, as of yet).

At this point it doesn't look crypto related anymore, but like some
bad interaction between layers once we add those fsync in the loop code.

What filesystem does you loop image reside on? Anything else special?
For the root filesystem, on / type xfs (rw,noatime)
For larger partitions (per the cryptoloop doc) the partition itself is setup via cryptoloop and then XFS ontop of that. Nothing special.

Any way to trgiger it with just loop but not crypto, etc.
Unfortunately not that I am aware of.. Would trying the kernel with the patch removed and mounted with -o nobarrier help to show us anything, or?