Would it help to encourage users to read/test stable-review patches

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 14:22:46 EST

Just thinking out loud here.

We get development review eyes on stable patches during submission
into a subsystem, and perhaps 1-2 user tests then. Typically patches
are pretty easy to review for stable submission but I'm wondering
about cases where things are not so clear and perhaps we want better
testing and are less willing to take a fix into stable than on latest
rc. Also what if a user just wants to test an entire series queues up
for stable-review, is there a single all-in-one file user can just
patch -p1 to help test prior to getting the next stable release made?
Do we want more user exposure to stable-review mailing list or is just
a few developer eyes enough?

Luis