Re: expresscard hotplug not working

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 18:55:57 EST

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:52:45AM -0400, Mark Lord wrote:

> Just create a file called /etc/modprobe.d/pciehp,
> and stick this one line into it:
>
> options pciehp pciehp_force=1
>
> See if that works.

It's worth noting that Windows didn't support native pcie hotplug until
Vista, and so any hardware that works with XP (ie, basically all of it,
including Dells) is supposed to be using acpi hotplug instead. I've
fixed one bug that led to acpiphp not working on some hardware, but if
anyone's still running with pciehp_force=1 then please send me the
output of acpidump so it can be fixed properly.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx