Re: [PULL] http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 09:48:22 EST

Em Mon, 31 Aug 2009 07:03:18 -0400
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> I see the GPIO fix in your git tree now -- Thanks for merging it.
>
> However, I also see this changeset:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=31e0ad693fb4e1d1be19dbe1c4f5a1ab9978e810
>
> I believe that it is way too late in 2.6.31 to merge a changeset like
> this -- Please revert that and if there is actually a Kconfig change
> required, merge a more minimal change for 2.6.31 and hold off this
> huge, risky change for the next merge window.
>
> There is not enough time to fix this, if this changeset causes
> additional breakage.

This is just Kbuild changes, and it is there at linux-next for some time,
where for sure people already tried to do several different building tests.
Among some cosmetics, it removes a dead symbol (DVB_SIANO_SMS1XXX_SMS_IDS).

It is very bad to expose to the user a config option that configs nothing.

Anyway, Linus already merged the pull request. If you eventually find a bug on
it, please ping me for us to send a fix.

Cheers,
Mauro