Re: [testcase] test your fs/storage stack (was Re: [patch] ext2/3:document conditions when reliable operation is possible)

From: Ric Wheeler
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 16:42:59 EST

On 09/02/2009 04:12 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:

people aren't objecting to better documentation, they are objecting to
misleading documentation.

Actually Ric is. He's trying hard to make RAID5 look better than it
really is.

I object to misleading and dangerous documentation that you have
proposed. I spend a lot of time working in data integrity, talking and
writing about it so I care deeply that we don't misinform people.

Yes, truth is dangerous. To vendors selling crap products.

Pavel, you have no information and an attitude of not wanting to listen to anyone who has real experience or facts. Not just me, but also Ted and others.

Totally pointless to reply to you further.

Ric